Something in a spooky abandoned asylum or prison or whatever. Photo by Twhelton [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], from Wikimedia Commons
I occasionally offer submission packages to major (and even minor) studios in an effort to get a multi-million dollar horror movie franchise deal. To date, this has not panned out. Here are some of the concepts that have been rejected, and, therefore remain eligible for purchase.
1. A dog and a chicken solve crimes. The twist is that they are also ghosts.
2. A circus features devilish acts, but no concessions.
3. A family is terrorized by a Gila Monster.
4. A restaurant that serves customers exactly what they want. But at a price.And that price is not on the menu.
5. Some zombies or whatever.
6. Aliens are hiding in pianos!
8. Ok, so there's a time traveling monk who has to find pages from a magical book while being pursued by lizard devils who want to rip apart the fabric of the universe. Or is it the monk that's trying to destroy the multiverse? Maybe that'd be a good twist. But, no. It's definitely the lizard devils.
9. Poltergeists who are in bands.
10. Some deal with Donald Glover being scary. That'd be cool!
11. Satan makes various deals with botanists.
12. A mad scientist creates a golem out of corn.
13. The internet is full of demons!
14. The Witch of Wall Street!
15. A man visits a remote village and is slowly eaten by weevils.
16. Vampire Clams!
17. Theater of Werewolves.
18. Citizen Kane, but with goblins.
19. Something with a lot of creepy people walking around with herky jerky movement.