Even More Facts That Will Astonish!
1. The ostrich can fly, but only up to 200 miles at a time. This is because JetBlue is the only airline that allows ostriches on their planes.
2. The most contentious of fruits is the cantankerousloupe, which is really just an argumentative melon.
3.The Zeppelin was named for German General Ferdinand von Zeppelin. Much to the chagrin of Gerhardt von Dirigible.
4. Shortly after John Quincy Adams was inaugurated as President, he fell ill, and for a brief period of time a talking barnacle was President.
5. The longest river in the world is the Amazon, at over 4,300 mile long. The shortest is Aunt Karen's river, which she keeps in a bowl in the cupboard next to the Bisquick.
6. The comic strip Howard Huge is based on the last two years in the life of Howard Hughes, during which he hid in his Las Vegas penthouse and acted like a giant, unfunny dog.
7. Rita Moreno is the only person to win an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar, a Tony, a Nobel Prize in Physics and the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes.
8. Bugs don't like jazz.
9. The giant stone heads on Easter Island are actually giant Pez dispensers. And they only distribute grape flavored treats.
10. Ian Fleming was working on a James Bond novel when he died. In the unfinished manuscript, Bond just goes to a series of brunches, sampling various omelettes.